So, how long does CBD take to work. Our friend CBD – or in scientific terms, cannabidiol – started gaining popularity in the UK around the mid-2010s. Its rise in popularity was part of a global trend, as people became increasingly interested in natural and alternative therapies.
The UK government made CBD legal in 2016, as long as it was derived from an industrial hemp strain that is EU-approved and contains no more than 1 mg of THC per container. Since then, the market for CBD products like CBD oil in the UK has continued to grow, with an increasing variety of products including gummies, capsules, and topical creams.
What is CBD Anyway?
CBD is a compound derived from cannabis and hemp plants. Unlike its notorious cousin THC, CBD doesn’t give you that “high” feeling. Instead, there is the potential it offers a wide range of potential health benefits without the trippy side effects. CBD works its magic by interacting with your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) – a fancy network of receptors and transmitters that helps keep your body in balance.
CBD and CBD Oil Effects
Let’s talk about how CBD works in your body. As this shows us the how we get to the answer of ‘how long does CBD take to work’. While other cannabinoids go straight for the cannabinoid receptors, CBD prefers a more intricate approach. It waltzes with non-cannabinoid receptors and pathways, creating a wealth of effects. Though CBD oil effects and CBD oil benefits are still being studied, more research is going into it and there’s no denying it, it does make a difference.
How long does CBD take to work?
The million-dollar question: how long does CBD take to work? The answer might surprise you, as it depends on several factors that make this experience as unique as you are.
Once you consume CBD oil, the adventure begins. The CBD searches for the perfect receptors to engage with. Picture this: tiny CBD molecules ride through your bloodstream, travel from the point of ingestion to the network of receptors in your body. This expedition typically takes around 15 to 60 minutes and it’s during this time that CBD navigates the twists and turns of your metabolism, before unleashing its effects.
While the average timeline provides a general guideline, it’s crucial to remember that everyone’s body is unique. Your characteristics, such as weight, genetics, and metabolism, make the impact of CBD a little different from each other.
For instance, if you have a faster metabolism, your body may process CBD more swiftly, expediting the onset of its effects. Conversely, those with a slower metabolism might experience a slightly longer journey. Genetics also play a role, as some individuals may have specific variations in their genetic makeup that affect how they respond to CBD.
Weight, too, can influence the experience. CBD is lipophilic, meaning it has an affinity for fat molecules. This means that individuals with a higher body fat percentage may experience a longer duration of effects, as CBD is absorbed and stored in their body’s fat cells.
Moreover, the method of CBD consumption can impact the timeline as well. Different delivery methods, such as ingestion, inhalation, sublingual administration, transdermal application, or topical use, have varying rates of absorption and bioavailability. For example, inhalation allows CBD to swiftly enter the bloodstream through the lungs, resulting in faster effects, while edibles may take a bit longer to metabolise in the digestive system.
Remember, as you begin your own CBD adventure, patience and open-mindedness are key. Don’t be discouraged if the effects don’t manifest immediately. Every now and then, the best things are worth waiting for.
How to Take CBD?
So, now we are clued up on how long does CBD take to work, let’s explore the wide number of ways you can consume CBD:
- Ingestion: CBD edibles and CBD gummies, CBD capsules, and CBD drinks are all the rage. However, some edibles take a little longer to work their magic. CBD edibles may also have lower bioavailability, but they make up for it with long-lasting effects.
- Inhalation: Inhaling CBD through vaping or smoking is a high-speed route. The lungs absorb CBD into the bloodstream within minutes which makes it a popular method for many.
- Transdermal: CBD patches are the trailblazers of CBD consumption. These patches embark on a transdermal journey, crossing the skin barrier to reach the bloodstream. While research continues on their exact bioavailability and working times, expect quick and potent results.
- Topical: Topical CBD products like creams, lotions, and shampoos target specific areas of your body. They may not enter the bloodstream, but they work their magic locally within an hour. Apply them with a flourish and let them work their wonders right where you need them.
- Sublingual: Placing CBD oil or water soluble CBD under your tongue is a sophisticated move that leads to a quicker impact. The tiny capillaries and mucous membrane under your tongue absorb CBD, bringing CBD effects in approximately 15 to 60 minutes. One of our favoured methods – water soluble Mee CBD, of course.
What is Water Soluble CBD?
Water soluble CBD is basically CBD oil, but that CBD oil is broken up into tiny molecules that are dissolved within water. And it has a bunch of benefits. The question, how long does CBD take to work, is a different story when talking about Water-soluble CBD compared to CBD oil.
Mee’s sachets or Drops have increased bioavailability which means our bodies can absorb up to 9x more CBD. Water-based CBD absorbs quickly, making the process of soaking up much faster. These CBD effects can be felt sooner, usually within 5-30 minutes as a result.
Unveiling the Mysteries: What Can Impact CBD’s Timeline?
We’re about to uncover the secrets! Here are some factors that can affect how quickly CBD works:
- Dosage & Potency: The key to unlocking CBD’s full potential lies in finding the perfect dosage. Start with a moderate dose, around 10-20mg, and gradually adjust until you find your sweet spot. Remember, larger amounts may have faster effects, while smaller doses may require consistent use over a few days to unveil their brilliance.
- Metabolism & Physiology: These factors influence how fast CBD interacts with your body. If you have a high metabolism, you’re likely to process CBD faster, becoming a true CBD speed demon. Your body mass also plays a role in this fantastic journey. Embrace your uniqueness and enjoy the surprises along the way!
The Bottom Line – How Long Does CBD Take to Work?
In this wild journey of CBD, patience and consistency are your trusted companions. CBD’s timeline might vary, but the wait is worth it! Choose your preferred method of consumption, experiment and discover what works best for you. Though we can practically guarantee it, Mee CBD’s water soluble oil products are sure to become your favourite.