There are some certainties in life. A love of weekends, taxes and… water. After all, our bodies are 70% water. Whether it’s a big glug after a run or just a small sip before bed, either offers a great way to take your daily dose in a CBD drink. A CBD shot is, quite simply, the simplest way to take your daily dose.
A small glass. A little water. A drop of Mee CBD. You have a CBD shot. It really is that easy.
What is the Role of Hydration?
Water is good. That might be the understatement of the century. Staying hydrated throughout helps maintain overall urinary health and does an enormous job in helping regulate your body’s fluid balance. Staying hydrated from when you get up to when you go to asleep is incredibly healthy. Making your water a CBD drink by adding Mee CBD is even better, but remember, at bed time it’s best to make it a CBD shot.
When are the Ideal Times to Drink Water or a CBD Shot?
- Morning: Start your day with hydration. You probably do it anyway, but ensuring you kickstart your day off with glass of water from your Brita filter or swig from your water bottle never hurts. Add some Mee to make a CBD drink is even better.
- Between Meals: Sip water between meals. Why? To ensure consistent hydration throughout the day. But take heed, it’s actually best to avoid drinking large amounts during meals. It can interfere with digestion.
- Before Physical Activity: Got a big workout in the gym? Hydrate before physical activity to maintain fluid balance and optimise your performance.
- Throughout the Day:! It’s a great habit to drink water consistently throughout the day, ensuring you meet your body’s hydration needs and then eventually, not wake up during the night for a wee. That’s where the CBD shot comes in handy. If you’re habit stacking, why not add Mee CBD to your water too and make it one of the CBD drinks that will help with your daily CBD intake.
How Much Water Should You Drink?
The amount of water you should drink depends on a wide variety of factors. That could be your age, weight and activity level but in general, here are some guidelines to follow:
- Adults: Adults should aim to hydrate with around 4 pints of water per day. That’s about 2 litres, and while that might seem like a lot, many individual needs may vary based on factors such as body weight, climate, and physical activity.
- Children and Teens: The recommended water intake for children and teens varies based on age and weight. Nevertheless, try to encourage your children to hydrate and drink at least 5 cups of water a day, which is close to 3 pints.
- Elderly Individuals: Aging adults may have reduced thirst sensation, but even if they are not reminded with a dry throat, it makes it even more crucial to consciously hydrate. Elderly adults should therefore aim to hydrate with between 3-4 pints of water daily.
However, as you age, there are a few things to take into account. One of those can be a little rascal called nocturia.
What is Nocturia?
Nocturia is a condition when you experience frequent trips to the bathroom during the night. Doesn’t sound great does it? It can cause insomnia and sleep deficit for many sufferers. There’s no denying that hydration is incredibly important and water has numerous benefits, but glugging water before bed isn’t always the wisest thing to do. There are a few other reasons for nocturia too:
- Excessive Fluid Intake and Hydration: Consuming large quantities of fluids, especially close to bedtime, can increase urine production and contribute to nocturia. That’s why a CBD shot of water is ideal.
- Aging: As we age, the bladder’s capacity to hold urine decreases. That means more frequent trips to the bathroom during the night.
- Medications: Certain medications, such as diuretics which are used for heart conditions, can increase urine production.
- Underlying Medical Conditions: Conditions such as urinary tract infections, bladder or prostate issues and diabetes can cause this horrible ailment.
When we take our CBD drinks before bed, we don’t down a whole water bottle or Brita filter. All it takes is a cheeky CBD shot of water. It’s the ideal way to get your CBD dose and hydrate just enough. Don’t believe us? Give it a go…