How to Make CBD Nut Milk (At Home Recipe)Mee Staff
CBD nut milk is taking the functional food world by storm! Plant-based milks like almond milk, cashew milk, and even oat milk are quickly rising to the top. These dairy-free, vegan products are great for so many reasons. We love that they're sustainable - but they could definitely offer more health benefits. I mean, why not? That's where CBD nut milk comes in. So, without any further ado, let's make a splash.
Can You Make CBD Nut Milk With Any Nut?
You might be wondering if you can make CBD nut milk with any type of nut. Turns out, you can! Almonds, brazil nuts, pistachios, and cashews all make great bases for this delicious beverage. If you have a food processor, or blender you're good to go.
Can You Make CBD Nut Milk In a Regular Blender?
You don't need a special nut milk machine to make CBD nut milk. All you need is a blender and even then, it doesn't have to be a high powered blender like you'd find at a health food restaurant. Just about any blender will do! When making delicious smoothie bowls you'll need something with more power about to blend something thick. Nut milk is a much easier thing to blend because it's more watery (less viscous) and the nuts will be pre-soaked.
The Secret Is In the Soak
Soaking the nuts helps to remove the phytic acid which makes them easier to digest. If you have a powerful blender you may not need to soak your nuts, but it's still a good idea. Soak them for at least four hours, or overnight if you can. Drain and rinse the nuts before adding them to your blender.
2 x Cups Unsalted, Raw Almonds
4 x Cups Pure Water
2-4 x Teaspoons of Your Favourite Sweetener (Optional)
4-8 x Pipettes Mee CBD Drops
How to Make CBD Nut Milk:
Equipment You'll Need:
Blender, Cheesecloth, Strainer and Jug/Bottle for Storage.
- Place the almonds in a bowl and cover them with water to soak overnight. (You can use regular tap water for this, but save the 4 cups of pure water for the blending step).
- Drain and rinse the almonds. Do not re-use the soaking water.
- Combine the 2 cups of soaked almonds with the 4 cups of pure in your blender. Blend on high speed until the mixture turns milky - go for at least 4 minutes but don't overwork your blender.
- Strain out the solids using the cheesecloth and a strainer. Squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can.
- Pour your nut milk into a sealable jug or bottle and drop in your 4-8 pipettes of Mee CBD Drops. Sweetener to taste. Shake vigorously to mix.
What to Do with the Nut Meal/Pulp?
Don't throw the nut meal away! It's a high protein superfood with so many different uses. Add it to smoothies, mix it into hot porridge, stir it into your next cookie batter. We like to spoon it into ice-trays and keep it for smoothie bowls!