We’ve learnt a few things about home exercise and at the gym in our day. Drink lots of water. Exercise hard. Relax harder. Try Mee CBD, naturally but if there’s one thing we’ve learnt that stands out it’s pretty obvious – don’t skip leg day, folks. Whether it’s a thigh workout, thigh exercises or even inner thigh exercises it’s time to get going with the squats and lunges at home or in the gym using stairmaster workout.
Why are Thigh Exercises Important
You see, strong thighs are essential for more than you can imagine. Walking, running, climbing stairs and even more. Without strong thighs you won’t be clambering up that mountain any time soon. And summer is coming up slowly but surely. Who doesn’t love the look of toned and strong thighs in that new pay of shorts? It’s time to look into how to get bigger thighs, and we’re here to help.
Of course, looking great is important, but with the thighs it’s a different story. Your thigh muscles are some of the largest and most powerful muscles in your body. With regular thigh exercises you’ll be running faster, have improved balance and general stability too.
What Thigh Exercises to Choose?
“But which thigh exercises to start with?” you ask. Well, there are plenty of options to choose from. Begin inner thigh exercises like the seated butterfly stretch or side lunges to grow stronger there. For more general thigh workouts, give exercises like squats, lunges, and leg presses a go. These exercises work your quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes, all of which are important for strong, functional thighs. In order to get bigger thighs, you need time, patience and a heavy dose of consistency. Stick to your thigh workouts and in time, you’ll be sure to see the results you want.
Of course, we don’t want you to get bored. It’s important to mix up your thigh workouts so they stop becoming tedious, but also to ensure you’re targeting all areas of your thighs. Maybe add some resistance bands, weights, or even ankle weights to your thigh exercises and inner thigh exercises to increase the challenge and intensity. Don’t forget to chill out and relax afterwards too. Soon those new summer shorts won’t even fit!
A Few For You To Try
Here are a few exercises and workouts for home that can help you tone and strengthen your thighs:
- Squats – Stand with your feet hip-width apart and squat down as if you’re sitting in a chair. Then keep your knees in line with your toes and your weight in your heels. This thigh exercise targets your quads, glutes, and hamstrings.
- Lunges – Target your quads, glutes and hamstrings by stepping forward with one foot and lower your back knee toward the ground. Keep your front knee in line with your toes which will help you get bigger thighs. This exercise targets your quads, glutes, and hamstrings.
- Leg Press – Sit in the leg press machine with feet on the platform and push the platform away using your legs and soon your thighs will be bulging!
- Leg Curls – Lie face down on a mat or bench with your legs straight. Bend your knees and lift your feet toward your buttocks. Now that’s the inner thigh exercise you need to target your hamstrings.
- Side Lunges – To work on your inner and outer thighs step to the side with one foot and squat down, keeping the other leg straight.
- Plie Squats – Stand with feet wider than shoulder-width apart and toes pointed out. Squat down and make sure to keep your knees in line with your toes. This humble thigh exercise targets your inner thighs and glutes.
- Glute Bridges – Lie with your back on the floor with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Lift your hips up toward the ceiling, squeezing your glutes. This thigh exercise does a great job of targeting your glutes and hamstrings.
- Step-Ups – To focus on your quads, glutes and hamstrings stand in front of a step or sturdy platform. Step up with one foot and then bring the other foot up to meet it. Step back down, one foot at a time.
- Calf Raises – Stand with feet hip-width apart and rise up onto your toes. Lower yourself back down and you won’t just feel it in your calf, but in your thigh too.
- Wall Sits – For this thigh exercise stand with your back against a wall and lower down into a seated position with your thighs parallel to the ground. Hold for 30-60 seconds. This exercise will target your quads and build strength and endurance.
I’m sure we don’t have to remind you. Keep going with those thighs exercises consistently and over a long time with a healthy diet and regular cardio, your thighs will be the size of tree trunks. You’ll never skip leg day again!